Wednesday, July 06, 2005

He's thinking about it

"I think about Iraq every day. Every single day...and I'm going to continue to think about it." I don't know if those are the exact words but they are close if not exact. I'm really glad he said that. I was worried that it might have slipped his mind. After all, he's only killed and maimed thousands upon thousands of innocent people in a "war" that was totally unnecessary, unconstitutional, illegal and immoral. He has caused virtually the entire world to despise him and his administration, plunged our nation into unbelievable debt, refused to admit any mistakes whatsoever, and made torture acceptable in international affairs, to say nothing of violating the Geneva Convention, and on and on. If his above statement is not the most revealing, disgusting, moronic, mindless, stupid, foolish, obtuse, fatuous, doltish, simpleminded, addlebrained, asinine, inane, absurd, idiotic, laughable, and pathetic utterance ever I cannot imagine what is. But what would you expect. After all, being President is hard work. First of all you have to listen to Uncle Dick the Slimy telling you what to do all the time, then you have to listen to Rove telling you about his latest quasi-criminal scheme, and you have to go out there and tell all those lies and worry that someone might actually ask you a hard question, and they won't let you talk to anyone without a script and a screened audience, and stuff like that. It's hard work. But as a War President I can do it. But it really is hard work.

The other problem is, I keep falling off my bike. I know I was supposed to be at an important meeting of the G8 (I think that's what it's called) but of course I had to have my bike ride. I'm sorry if I ran into that policeman and scratched myself. It's just like I fell that other time off my bike and, oh, yeah, I fell over on that other thing, whatever it was. I even fell off the couch eating those pretzels. It's really hard being President what with the mainstream press having to make allowances for me all the time. I can't help it if I am utterly incompetent, not up to the job, too stupid to understand that I am not much more than a laughingstock to anyone with a brain larger than a pea. I'm a War President! I'm making my place in history. I could be a contender (if I just had a brain, a heart, and some courage). But that's allright, Daddy and Uncle Dick will look out for me as always. It's nine o'clock, my bedtime. I bet I'll be able to ride that bike tomorrow, especially if they don't distract me with all this stuff about poverty, global warming, Bolton, the Supreme Court, and all that. I hope Uncle Dick will get it all figured out soon. It's really hard being President. But I think about it every day. Every single day. And I'm going to continue thinking about it as long as I am President. So don't you worry.

No comments: