Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pink pistols?

I would like to know where I can get a pink pistol. A 9mm glock. According to Bill O'Reilly there are gangs of pink pistol packing lesbians all over the country, attacking men, abducting girls and raping them, indoctrinating children into homosexuality and so on. I had never seen O'Reilly in my life until just now when my son made me watch a clip of this astounding claim. I would have thought it was just a joke but I am told that it is apparently supposed to be serious. O'Reilly was aided in this presentation by some black man he addressed as "detective." I don't think the man was actually a detective but, rather, a "Fox crime analyst" of some kind. In any case, they are both crazy as loons (my apologies to ordinary loons).

It's not enough that we have had to endure Bush's "gut feelings" for the past few years, now we have to endure Chertof's as well. With no evidence whatsoever he has told us that his gut tells him we are about to be attacked by terrorists. My gut tells me that we are about to enter into an endless summer, fall, and winter marathon of hearings about one thing or another, one scandal or another, one legal wrangle after another, one more lie after another, until eventually the 2008 election will be over and some poor soul will be left to try to clean up after this horrendous mess. The failure in Iraq will be blamed on Democrats who refused to properly fund the war and retreated with their tails between their legs. Republicans would have won if it weren't for these Democratic wimps. Deja vue all over again.

It appears that McCain is finished as a candidate. Good. We don't need another warmonger in the White House. However, we still have a problem with Republican candidates. Giuliani is being exposed for the utter fake that he is, Romney has already been exposed as a liar and a hypocrite, Fred Thompson is going to sink like an overstuffed windbag with cement boots (what with his trophy wife, having lobbied for abortion rights, leaked right and left during the Nixon era, and so on), at least two of the others are evangelicals who don't believe in evolution (which, I suppose, might not keep them from the Presidency). But all in all I think it is fair to say the Republican candidates to a (white) man are pretty dismal. That is why Hillary will probably be elected. If the powers that be can't have a Republican they will settle for the next best thing, a Republican lite (I'm not so sure anymore if she is merely lite). Anyway, it doesn't look promising for the Republicans.

It seems to me that Bush is proving Nixon was right when he said, "if the President does it, it can't be illegal." Bush has done one illegal thing after another (mostly, I gather, at Cheney's behest) and nothing has happened to him (and it doesn't appear that anything is going to happen to him or Cheney). Stonewalling and litigation will take you a long way, especially when you are up against such timid opponents (if, indeed, they are truly even genuine opponents).

LKBIQ:

"What makes men happy is liking what they have to do. This is a principle on which society is not founded."
Claude Helvetius

No comments: