Monday, July 23, 2007

The basic question

I was just watching the Democratic "debates." I don't know why they are called debates as nothing is really debated. After watching most of the Democratic debates so far I have come to one conclusion. Although I am not mad about Hillary I have to confess that she comes across as quite a large cut above the others. She is always prepared, knows what she is talking about, and is very well-controlled and professional. I believe this is becoming more and more apparent to more and more people. Edelman's cheap shot at trying to roviate her is obviously helping her much more than hurting her. Hillary's biggest problem, as near as I can tell, is that those who do not like her will never change their dislike no matter what she does. Will their irrational hatred keep her from the Presidency? I doubt it.

I predicted long ago that Hillary would be the Democratic candidate. At the moment it looks like she is right on track. The only thing that might stand in her way would be if Al Gore decides to run. What do you think she might offer him not to run? I have no idea what relationship exists between Gore and the Clintons but I think if Hillary is way ahead of everyone else Gore would not be likely to run. I am often wrong.

We are in Seattle. Trying to blog on this portable machine is difficult as I am not at all used to it. The Republican candidates are such a bunch of hopeless liars and hypocrites, with no one else in sight, it looks like a dead dog Democrat might win the Presidency. But don't bet the Democrats won't figure out a way to blow it. I must say I was pleased with Edward's and Hillary's positions on nuclear power.

The most important question of all, for me at least, is: If you become President what do you intend to do about the blatant war crimes of Bush/Cheney and their administration?

A couple of recently seen bumper stickers:
"I'll vote for anyone but HER"
"Please get rid of the scary Republican"

No comments: