Friday, June 03, 2005

Still more flotsam

Somewhere I read today that the nipple police at at it again. Or maybe I should say still. Apparently ever since the Janet Jackson fiasco there has developed a genuine fear on the part of television people that someone, somewhere, somehow, might actually see a nipple, even if it appears behind some type of covering. Thus it is reported by, I think, Pamela Anderson, that she has actually had her nipples covered with bandages to they would be invisible. Think of that! Pamela Anderson without nipples. And then think of the lucky people who have to attach the bandages, a job I would happily volunteer for. I guess women are not supposed to have nipples. Come to think of it, I have seen the Janet Jackson tape replayed by now probably fifty or more times and I have yet to see her nipple. In fact, I've never seen her breast. While it is true that I am nearsighted I honestly believe that unless you saw the footage in slow motion and blown up considerably you would never see anything. But never mind, it must have been absolutely disgusting. There will be no nipples in future television shows. Murders, yes, arson, yes, rape yes, explosions yes, nudity yes, machine-gunning yes, torture yes, sadism yes, sexual intercourse yes, but no nipples! I am so glad I live in such a moral and upstanding country.

Speaking of moral and upstanding countries the Pentagon disclosed today that, indeed, the Koran has been mistreated, including even being urinated on. Now I'm not really certain I believe that. Would American troops who are known to have tortured and even killed prisoners, subjected them to humiliating sexual postures, attached them to electrodes, "water-boarded" them, frightened them with attack dogs, kicked and beat them, suspended them for hours in extremely uncomforable positions, and more, actually have gone so far as to have desecrated the Koran. Unbelievable. Amnesty International has the real skinny on this but Bush/Cheney say their claims are "absurd" and even "offensive." This means that Bush/Cheney have now descended to the level of 3 year olds when it comes to denial. But no doubt their "base" will buy this bullshit just like all the rest. Bush/Cheney can do no wrong. The fact that Dick the Slimy has been wrong about everything he has claimed for the last four and a half years seems to not register with the true believers. And of course by now Bush himself has no credibility whatsoever except, again, among those so mentally handicapped they shouldn't even be allowed to vote. Bush is dumb. I guess that is understandable. Cheney is evil personified. There is no excuse for that. And no excuse for the public to accept it. Someone remarked to me today in the supermarket that Cheney is the most evil person on earth. I could not dispute it.

No comments: