Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What a crock!

Angry at being left alone
with infant, he throws it
down the stairwell.

I think we should ban the concept of news 24/7, at least until they live up to the claim. What we are doing now is just getting 24 hours of utter nonsense. Today it is all about whether Obama snubbed Hillary or not, complete with photographs (that can be interpreted any way you wish). To me it is perfectly obvious that Hillary is shaking hands with Ted Kennedy while Obama is turned away talking with someone else. Obama says he didn't snub her. Hillary, I think somewhat ingenuously, says she was reaching out her hand. She was reaching out her hand - to Ted Kennedy. Anyway, I am angry to be commenting on this at all as it is just another stupid tempest in a teapot that isn't worth 5 seconds of time (but MSNBC has spent hours on it today). What a crock! As if this isn't bad enough they show another photograph in which Obama and Kennedy are said to be looking at Hillary. Imagine that! Looking at her! My god, what will they do next! Only newspersons could be crass enough to think that either Obama or Kennedy are boorish enough to snub Hillary Clinton. What a crock! This is supposed to be news? I guess to MSNBC it is news, right up there with her cleavage, her cackle, her pantsuits, wrinkles and all. No doubt there will soon be time devoted to what she had for breakfast and whether it was good or bad or had some sinister symbolic meaning. Chris Matthews seems to love wallowing in this kind of utter nonsense. I gather MSNBC isn't really concerned about Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, torture, immunity, the recession, impeachment, etc., etc., etc. CNN isn't any better and Fox News isn't news. Carrumba! The MSM are hopeless. The Brafia is having another one of their braying sessions tonight. I can't watch it. My delicate constitution can only handle so much BS a month, and this month has already gone far beyond my capacity.

And please, to whom it may concern: Do not try to tell me how the sweet, innocent Israelis, with their billions and billions of military hardware, sitting on stolen land, refusing to give up even an inch, are being put upon by the evil and malicious Palestinians they have forced into Gaza and are trying to slowly starve to death. And don't even try to tell me there are two sides to every story. At this late moment, for all intents and purposes, there's only one side to this story: the slow, systematic, immoral, premeditated destruction of the Palestinians, aided by the United States.

Rumors are already starting about why John Edwards stepped down from the race. Some say it's because of his wife's health. Some say it's simply because he knew he couldn't win. Some suspect he's made a deal with either Obama or Hillary to become Attorney General or some such other position. He hasn't endorsed either Hillary or Obama yet. So who will it be? Personally, I don't see how he could possibly endorse Hillary after attacking her repeatedly about being a corporate whore, but stranger things have happened. My guess is he'll support Obama. One of my more astute friends things people are beginning to have buyer's remorse about Hillary. I think he may be right. I hope so.

Help! We seem to be caught up in never-ending snowstorms. I don't mind the snow in principle, but when it gets like this I say enough already! I'm starting to worry about the roof because it's deep up there. As Sandhill operates mostly by Linda-power I don't worry too much about anything else. By the way, through the magic of local government, we now live on Wistful Way. It's appropriate.

LKBIQ:
"Hell itself abhors dishonor."
Tuareg proverb

No comments: