Friday, January 04, 2008

Apologies

Bubblehead: Would you please use your influence with Bush to release my computer from his evil clutches. Doubling up on my wife's laptop doesn't work very well.

My apologies to Jerry Brady. I know his name is Jerry Brady. I've always known it was Jerry Brady. He's even been a guest in my house. I don't know why I typed John Brady. I think it was a missed synapse in my aging brain.

Jerry Brady did endorse Minnick. I don't know whether he endorsed Obama or not. In any case Jerry Brady is not going to be the Chair of Idaho Democrats, having lost out this evening to Keith Roark who, I am confident will be great in the job (actually I think Jerry Brady would also be fine but as he already committed himself to Minnick I don't think it would have been entirely kosher).

Someone suggested that I must be a conspiracy buff because of what I wrote about the Good Ol' Boys of Boise. I didn't say it was a conspiracy. I merely described what seemed to be happening. Grant was a fine candidate but they want Minnick. Brady endorsed Minnick but also wanted to become Chair of Idaho Democrats. Cecil Andrus had some influence in these goings-on as did John Foster. All I can say is, if it looks like a duck, and waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it must be....a conspiracy. Furthermore, I do not see how I was "smearing" Cecil Andrus or Jerry Brady by simply reporting what seemed to be happening. I am a supporter of Larry Grant. I think he's a great candidate and deserves to be elected to Congress. He has nothing whatsoever to do with my blog. I do not consult with him or vice-versa. As far as Cecil Andrus goes, I think he was a great governor, and he's probably a great guy. But I don't think Boise ought to single-handedly try to run the entire State of Idaho. This probably has to do with my youth in Wallace when Boise was always meddling in our affairs. They seemed to think that the values of farmers in Southern Idaho should be forced on a small, wide-open mining town in the north. They failed but they never gave up, the money always spoke more loudly.

Anyway, Cecil Andrus, John Foster, Jerry Brady, Walt Minnick, and the rest of the Good Ol' Boys are entitled to think and do as they will. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with them. And when the time comes that we are not even allowed to speak of their doings it will be a sad day indeed.

LKBIQ:
"We have talked long enough in this country about equal rights. We have talked for a hundred years or more. It is time now to write the next chapter--and to write in the books of law."
Lyndon B. Johnson

No comments: