Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Polls

If you watched Olberman (Allison Stewart) tonight you will have learned that in three recent polls: Hillary was ahead in one, Obama was ahead in one, and Edwards was ahead in one. No one seemed to think this was particularly remarkable because they all seem to agree that polls, especially at this time of the election cycle, and also especially in Iowa, don't mean anything. I believe this is true. But if it is true, and if it is so obvious to everyone they are meaningless, why do they continue to do and report them? I conclude it must be to give the pundits and television people something to talk about after they have exhausted all the other non-topics about haircuts, cleavage, dress, body language, likeability, kindergarten, dogs, marriages, underwear, who loves Jesus, and whatever. After all, who would want to hear anything serious about Iraq, Iran, the deficit, medical insurance, education, the infrastucture, global warming, impeachment, or things like that. Better to learn who would be best to have a beer with.

I have not been a fan or supporter of John Edwards but I suddenly find myself coming around (as I know I can't have Kucinich, the only candidate who has genuine convictions and could be trusted to act on them). The reason I might be coming around is that in my simple mind it comes down to this: The Brafia is the enemy that has to be defeated. Hillary is part of it. Obama wants to make peace with it. Edwards wants to destroy it. I'm for Edwards on this. It is true the basic problem is the control over our lives exercised by corporations through their bought and paid for Brafia. The only real change will come if we can break this control. Edwards insists he will fight to do this. I do not believe that either Hillary or Obama will (perhaps for different reasons). I have not decided for sure about this but I am seriously considering it.

I must say I am pleased to learn that at last Giuliani's, shall we say, "checkered" past has caught up with him and he is rapidly going down in the polls. He and Hillary seem to continue to lead the national polls by quite a margin but that won't mean a thing depending upon what happens in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida. Huckabee won't get anywhere after the Bible Belt, Giuliani is dead in the water, Thompson has all but disappeared, so it may come down to the lying Mormon or the warmongering McCain. Ron Paul may be raking in the big bucks but he'll not get the nomination. In any case, I doubt that it matters who the Brafia candidate is, or even if they have one.

I still cling to my fantasy that the Democratic convention will deadlock and Gore will be threatened with a melting iceberg to accept the nomination. Just imagine, if you can, where we would be now if Gore had actually been allowed to accept his legitimately won Presidency. I know Gore is no miracle man but compare him to any of the others, most of whom, especially on the Brafia side, are little more than bad jokes. Hillary is Brafia, Obama is naive if he thinks the Brafia is going to join him in changing America. Edwards may possibly may possibly make a good start at ridding us of the lying, greedy, dishonest, and conscienceless thugs that have been in charge for too long.

Closer to home, Bill Sali is sending out a Christmas letter in which he mentions building a fence on our southern border, no amnesty, and making English the official language. He reminds me of another Brafia who, when told there were tunnels under the border, said "that's why we need a fence. He didn't mention the abortions that cause cancer. Bill Sali is a nitwit. Vote for Grant.

LKBIQ:
"For books are more than books. They are the life, the very heart and core of ages past, the reason why men lived and worked and died, the essence and quintessence of their lives."
Amy Lowell

No comments: