Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Earthquakes and such

QuestRepublic: Thank you for your comments. You cannot know how much I want to believe you. But six years of the Bush/Cheney administration have made me wary. You say there is no mainstream pulic support. There was none for Iraq. You say military command and control will prevent a war with Iran. Where was command and control when we went to "war" with Iraq? There were military opposed to Iraq. Rumsfeld just overrode them and got rid of them. You say there is nothing to benefit us from a "war" with Iran. Don't forget that huge amount of Iranian oil. Similarly, however mad it may seem, don't forget the neocon's obsession with regime change. I want desperately to believe you are right and I surely hope you are. But dealing with the insane is always problematical. Has there ever been a military coup in the United States? Is there ever likely to be be one?

Bubblehead: Your recent snide comments are leading me to believe you may be, indeed, some kind of bubblehead. But I am glad you were concerned about me. They did try to rendition me to Cheney's fantasyland deep in the bowels and under the rocks of Washington D.C. However, with the help of my trusty little cat, Ceci, who can smell rats from a mile away, we managed to outsmart them. And also with the benefit of the last few gallons of their super expensive gasoline in my armored Hummer we managed to cross the border from fantasyland and get away, at least temporarily. I feel the concentration camp may still be beckoning.

Of course I believe Bush/Cheney have an earthquake machine. Everyone knows that earthquakes are cased by scandals. You, know, when one or more scandals start to slide over or under one or more other scandals it causes an earthquake. As Bush/Cheney/Rove have mastered the art of both producing and managing scandals it follows that they can do so at their will. I look for more earthquakes soon, especially in the Northeast and California. It certainly is a useful tool for getting attention diverted away from multiple scandals and war crimes.

I have no doubt that the White House contains probably many gays. This is a matter of no concern to me whatsoever. But as you Republicans spent 70 million dollars fretting about Clinton's penis, it seems reasonable to me to be curious as to why a known male homosexual prostitute was given access to the White House on multiple occasions when he had no obvious business being there and must have been being protected by some particularly powerful sponsor. This is especially interesting given the Republican party's anti-gay agenda. Speaking of which, I guess you know that Senator Larry Craig of Idaho has finally been "outed" after many, many years of hypocrisy. As many have known for years that he was gay, or at least believed he was, I don't think anything much is served by his current outing, unless the gays are bent on finally exposing the full extent of Republican hypocrisy on this issue.

I don't know much about baseball players flying airplanes. Doubt that Bush had anything to do with it. But I remain curious about the death of Paul Wellstone, as well as about 9/11.

Anyway, on to Iraq. I didn't mean to imply that when we attacked Iran (heaven forbid) that the Iranian army would desert their own country, march into Iraq, and annihilate our troops. I think a more likely scenario would be the huge Shiite population in Iraq, sympathetic to Iran, might well mount a massive popular resistance to our occupation in which case our troops would be little more than sitting ducks, or even fish in a barrel. But I bow to your superior military experience. No doubt we can "shock and awe" Iran into submission just as we have the Iraqis, and it will no doubt also be a "cakewalk" just like Iraq. The Iranians will come out by the thousands to shower us with flowers and candy. I guess your tours in submarines allowed you to acquire a lot of experience in chasing thousands of irate insurgents around the desert.

Oh, lest I forget, I agree that Jefferson was really well qualified to be President, especially after he served his terms in both the House and Senate, and the eight years as vice-president in a, comparatively speaking, successful administration. Might even have been more successful if Republicans could have kept their penis envy more under control. That's life, I guess. Cheers and best wishes.

No comments: