Monday, February 28, 2005

Our President, "Walking Eagle"

I don’t know if you have run across this as yet. If not I offer it here. It appeared on my email although I am not certain of the original source. It appears that George W. Bush appeared before some American Indian Group. After his speech he was awarded the title of “Walking Eagle.” Subsequently, when asked why they gave him the name Walking Eagle, they replied, “that’s what we call it when an Eagle is so full of shit it can’t fly.”



Years ago I prided myself on being an Independent and, as such, felt I could vote for the best person no matter what party they identified with. But no more. After what the Republicans did during the eight years of the Clinton Administration, plus what they have done for the last four years of the Bush Administration, there is no way I could ever, under any circumstances, vote for a Republican. They have proven to be the most dishonest, warmongering, rapacious, greedy, short-sighted, secretive, lying, devious, unfair, and irresponsible bunch of thugs and criminals ever to come along during my fairly extensive lifetime. I will never again vote for a Republican at any level of government.

This does pose a serious problem for me, because depending upon who the Democratic candidates turn out to be I might not be able to vote for them either. And as there will almost certainly not be a viable third party I may not be able to vote at all. Take Hilary, for example. Joe Biden, and I guess others, seem to think it will be difficult to keep the nomination away from her in 2008. I hope they are wrong. Although I would never vote for a Republican I would be almost equally unable to vote for Hilary. Not because she is a woman, because she is just another Republican-lite. Likewise, I would find it virtually impossible to vote for John Kerry. He was a lousy candidate. He seems to be a warmonger like the neocons. He has already been more or less discredited as a viable candidate, and seem to have nothing to offer but more troops and more war. I always admired Al Gore and thought he was probably the most desirable candidate for President ever. He had been a Senator and Vice President, with years and years of experience, he is knowledgeable about virtually all the important issue of our day, especially with respect to the environment and developing technology, and was clean of any scandals and so on. But when he chose Joe Lieberman as his running mate I had to part company (I did vote for him, of course). Picking Lieberman, in my opinion, was such an outrageous example of poor judgment that I don’t think I can ever forgive it. Lieberman is an absolute disgrace to the Democratic party, if not to the human race. I passionately hope they can find someone to unseat him in the coming election.

But, then, who will I be able to vote for? I am sad to say, perhaps no one. If it comes to this I might possibly vote for a third party candidate, as long as it is not Nader or Buchanan. I may regretfully finally just stop voting altogether. I am sick of what is going on and it seems to just get worse and worse. The only hope for the moment is that Dean can work some kind of miracle and get us a viable candidate that we can be proud to support. But don’t hold your breath.

No comments: