Friday, July 18, 2008

Desperate?

When the Brafia begins attacking a candidate’s wife I can only conclude they are in fact desperate. I agree that when a candidate’s wife is out campaigning actively for his or her spouse they should be fair game. But fair game for what? And what, precisely, is the purpose of their attack on Michelle Obama? She is not running for President. As far as I know, the only thing they have to attack is her statement, “for the first time in my life I am proud of my country.” Big deal. Quite frankly, I can truthfully say that with Barack Obama as a serious candidate for President, this is the first time in at least the last eight years that I am proud of my country. How could anyone in their right mind be proud of Bush/Cheney’s America? But of course in the case of a Black woman in America I’m sure she has many other reasons not to be so proud of her country. Has everyone forgotten racial prejudice? I cannot see that the position of Black women in the U.S., generally speaking, has been so wonderful that they should all be falling all over themselves praising their experiences. How could they not be a bit angry? While I agree she might be fair game in some sense of that idea, I fail to see the point of attacking her. I should think that Cindy McCain is fair game also, but Obama, much to his credit, has said he will not go there. Furthermore, the fact that the Brafia would even think of attacking her strikes me as pathetic. Not having too much luck attacking Barack himself they have to go after his wife? I won’t be surprised to see them go after the children next, especially if Rove and Dick the Slimy get involved. They would slime their own mothers if it suited them.

Similarly pathetic is McCain’s babbling about how Obama is starting his policy about Iran, etc., before even going there. Do you remember how many visits Bush paid to Iraq, Iran, and Korea, before he stated his policy? There is, as far as I know, no particular history of American Presidents ever insisting on traveling anywhere before they had a policy. I would not be surprised if George W. Bush couldn’t even find Iraq on a map before he stated his “policy,” such as it was (is). And what did McCain find on his trip to Iraq, surrounded by a hundred armed troops with armed helicopters hovering overhead – that things were going fine and it was safe to walk around in the market? What a bunch of utter crap! Again, just a measure of despertion. The fact is, the Brafia has nothing positive whatsoever to run on, just one dismal failure after another, so what else can they do except try to focus on trivia and nonsense? Desperate, pathetic. hopeless, ridiculous, absurd, childish, stupid, foolish lies about things that don’t even matter. What a campaign! Now they are hoping Obama may make some slip of the tongue or slight remark they can pounce on to prove he is unfit for the Presidency. I hope he doesn’t have any problems at all, but let me repeat what I said previously: there is absolutely nothing they can say about Obama, nothing at all, nothing he could possibly do, that would cause me to vote for McCain who is, in my opinion, not even a serious candidate. It’s as if the Brafia has decided they cannot win, looked at McCain, and said something to the effect, “he’s wanted to be President for a long time, let’s give the old guy a shot at it, what do we have to lose that we’re not going to lose anyway. If we do lose, as we surely will, we can at least blame him. Then we can concentrate on ruining Obama’s Presidency so we can take back power in 2012.” Each day, thankfully, brings them closer to oblivion. It couldn’t happen to a more evil, criminal bunch. Yes, let us begin by putting Rove lin jail where he clearly belongs.

LKBIQ:
The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
Joseph Conrad

2 comments:

Bubblehead said...

I agree that attacking a candidate's wife is in really bad taste, and will probably backfire. In fact, I think it's just as bad now as when people attacked Nancy Reagan back in the 80s.

Anonymous said...

You say "How could anyone in their right mind be proud of Bush/Cheney’s America?"

You are either proud of your country or you are not proud. Bush and Cheney are but two of the 300 million folks who live here. Sometimes in this hate filled political world, we forget a country is made up of "the people" and not the government.

While I am not saying people should live elsewhere if they are not proud of their country, one wonders why a person who hates "Bush/Cheney’s America" doesn't find a country more compatible with their views and culture. But with less than 6 months left of the so called Bush/Cheney’s America, maybe you will again be proud. Just don't forget to stand up and say loud and clear "I am a proud citizen of the United State of America when that time comes.