Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Pinch me

Please be advised that my fiction/adventure book, The Cham Stones, is now available. If you are interested it can be ordered from PublishAmerica, P.O. Box 151, Frederick, Maryland, 21705, or from their web site.

Pinch me. Please. I would like to know if I am in the midst of the most surrealistic dream/nightmare of all time.

Please consider that the House of Representatives has a rule that if someone is indicted they can no longer serve in a leadership position. DeLay has been indicted but he continues to serve as if he is still the leader, and the House lets him get away with it. So what is the point of the rule? If he can't serve in a leadership position why is he still doing so? Not only is he doing so he is boasting about it. So much for rules in the House. So much for Republican power-mad jerks who continue to put party above country.

Now we have Bush who admitted that he considered Miers religion as one of the factors in his choice of her to be nominated for the Supreme Court. This is a blatant violation of the Constitution which says plainly that religion cannot be used as a criterion. Will anything happen about this? Unlikely.

Of course we continue to wait for a shoe to drop - or at least something to happen. Will Fitzgerald actually bring charges against anyone. If so, who? Will it really perhaps go all the way to Cheney which, of course, it should. Can there really be any doubt there was a conspiracy to start a "war" with Iraq and similarly a conspiracy to destroy Wilson and his wife? I assure you that in my mind there is no doubt whatsoever but whether it can be proven or not I don't know.

I don't remember where this came from or who said it or in what circumstances but I think it sums up the current American ethos:

Get rich, sleep 'til noon and screw 'em all.

No comments: