Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Cabal

There was no Morialekafa last night because our server was down. Not that it matters much.

I hate to tell you that I told you so. But I told you so. I have said from the very beginning that this CIA leak scandal would lead to Dick the Slimy. And it has/is. Can there be any doubt at this point that there was in fact a cabal (the WHIG) that conspired to lie and deceive the Congress and the American people into an illegal, immoral, unconstitutional, and unnecessary "war" against Iraq? It seems to me this is perfectly obvious and there is no dearth of facts to support this conclusion. There is also no doubt about who the major players were: Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Hughes, Matalan, Hannah, and others, probably including Bolton. Judy Miller seems to have been used by them to their advantage, if she was not, in fact, in it up to her eyeballs. Whether Bush was aware of this is questionable. As he has so little interest in foreign relations (or anything else as near as I can tell) perhaps he was out of the loop. If he was not, then obviously he should be in as much or more trouble than all the rest. While this seems perfectly obvious to me it remains to be seen what Fitzgerald can do with it. I have seen some who say there will be no indictments at all (John Dean, for example) and others who claim thre will be multiple indictments, and still others who seem to think it will only be Libby, and still others who think both Rove and Libby. Rumors, rumors, rumors, that's all we have at the moment. The latest rumor is that Fitzgerald will announce tomorrow what he is going to do. I certainly hope so as I don't think I can stand the suspense much longer.

Brent Scowcroft has written a blistering critique of the present administration's foreign policy, in spite of the fact that he is a long term close friend of Bush Sr. It seems to me this is long overdue. Where was Scowcroft and others who are now coming out against this criminal administration when it could have made a difference a long time ago? But better late than never I guess. The one thing that puzzles me is Scowcroft's statement about Cheney. They have been close friends for years and now Scowcroft says "I don't know Cheney now." What does this mean? Does it mean he never truly knew him in the first place or does it mean Cheney has somehow changed? And if he has changed, why, and in what way? I find this not only mysterious but also vaguely frightening.

Please Mr. Fitzgerald, do something soon. Save us from this absoluely dreadful nightmarish situation.

No comments: