Thursday, October 06, 2005

The king of babble

There will be no Morialekafa until monday the 10th. Try to hold down the fort. Probably you should load your guns, lock your doors, and hope Bush doesn't sick the military on you for failing to take your flu shot.

Bush made a speech this morning. I did not listen to it. Quite frankly, I cannot bear to either look at him or listen to him. It makes me sick to my stomach. I did hear indirectly that he still claims we are making progress in Iraq and he also said that we will never give up and continue the fight until we achieve complete victory. I thought it was already agreed upon that when fighting terrorists there is no way one could ever finally "win." But I guess Bush knows better than everyone else. Of course he does, he speaks with God. It was said that he would go into details about what is going on in Iraq and the world. The only detail anyone reported was that he claimed we have aborted a number of purported attacks on us and our allies in recent years. Of course he could not reveal what these actually were, we are just supposed to trust him. Just as we are supposed to trust him on the Miers appointment. Does this absolute clown of a fake President believe that anyone at this point in time would believe him about anything? I know, I know, there are still somewhere between 35 and 40% that supposedly do. Just don't forget that on the IQ scale half the population is below the 100% mark.

If he believed that by nominating Miers he would somehow avoid a fight or a filibuster I think he is going to be proved very wrong. This is such an outrageous nomination that everyone is going to be upset, Republicans as well as Democrats. Who in the world could have advised him to nominate one of his closest friends and advisors? This is cronyism of the most blatant kind, precisely at a time when he is already under fire for appointing cronies. It is claimed that Reid suggested Miers as a candidate. If he did, he is a really clever guy. He could scarcely have suggested a more disastrous candidate and actually helped get Bush make such a terrible choice. Miers, I think, will not get confirmed. Then we'll have to deal with the next terrible choice. The ultra-right never gives up. Once they have their hands in your pockets they never stop. And once they have Jaysus they might as well dwell on the planet Krypton or wherever. Can you believe that our once noble and wonderful nation has fallen so far? I'm beginning to believe I am actually lucky to be so damn old.

No comments: