Sunday, March 11, 2007

Suckers

Anonymous: I read an article some time ago that I believe said that Obama was getting major funding from the Nuclear Energy people and Exxon. I don't know where I saw it. I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to trace it down but was unable to find it. I did learn that the Nuclear people are, indeed, supporting Obama, who is thought to be sympathetic to their desire for more nuclear plants. One of the big companies involved is called Exelon. I now think it is possible that either the person who wrote the article (which I can't find), or perhaps even myself, mistook Exelon for Exxon. If this is true I am sorry for misleading everyone. Even so, I would not be surprised if he is getting money from Exxon (along with Hillary). While he is soliciting small donations he obviously didn't raise all his money so quickly from mom and pop. Although I tried I could not find a list of his major donors anywhere. There is a recent article in Harper's about this.

Did you really believe that Bush was going to send 21,500 additional troops to Iraq just for a short time? Let's see, it turned out to be something like 27,000 troops, what with the support troops. Now he has asked for an additional 8,200 more troops. And the generals on the ground have said they will need the troops probably through next year (if not forever). There are suckers born every minute and a Bush/Cheney to take them. Want to bet the Democrats will deny his request? Maybe when pigs fly. I can see no solution to this monumental problem short of impeachment. I think we should start with Cheney. Democrats seem unwilling to do anything much except dither. If Bush/Cheney do not deserve impeachment, right now, we might as well drop impeachment as part of our political system and start addressing Bush as Your Royal Highness, King of Kings, Emperor, Your Eminence, and so on. This is the most absurd situation of all time in the history of our country and neither Democrats nor Republicans seem to be willing to do anything about it.

Senator Schumer has suggested that Gonzales should resign because he is more interested in defending and aiding Bush than he is in being a bona fide Attorney General. Nice to learn after all these years that someone has actually figured this out (dumb as I am I knew it from the beginning). Now, having admitted that the FBI violated the Patriot Act, and also being involved in purging Judges for political reasons, he may have gone too far (even for Republicans, if that is possible). Of course he should resign. So should Cheney. I think there is no chance they will. They will have to be forced out. No one will lead. I think they are waiting for Mickey Mouse.

Bush seems to be making a big hit in South America, hugging leaders and giving them nicknames and being the consummate gladhander that he is. I have no doubt they all believe the U.S. is truly nothing but a benevolent father figure sincere in looking out for their best interests. History proves it, starting with Colombus and coming right down to the present. Ask Hugo Chavez.

No comments: