Sunday, May 14, 2006

I guess he is

Today is Independence Day in Paraguay, for those of you who need reminding.

My wife informs me that Rove is definitely indicted as it was apparently announced on Friday. Why something like this would be announced Friday afternoon, which is when bad news is usually announced, I cannot say. I will believe he is indicted when I see it reported in a major newspaper or news broadcast. Some think Rove will now break down and spill the beans over the whole rotten mess. I hope so but won't believe it until I see it.

Laura Bush says she does not believe the American Public despises her husband in spite of the polls. She claims that where she travels people continue to say "stay the course," and praise Bush. So where does she travel and who does she talk with? Obviously the few loonies that would support our moronic President even if he were caught having sex with a goat on the White House Steps. They would no doubt argue it would be good for the economy - you know, a fertility rite. I guess when you have a total imbecile for President you can't expect much more from his wife. I must admit, he has learned to read by now at about a 7th grade level. And he reads, with pretend sincerity, any kind of outrageous trash they put in front of him.

According to something I read today some 91% of Democrats can be said to be unhappy with the Democratic leadership. So what does Hilary do? She joins in against flag burning, tries to compromise on abortion, joins forces with Rupert Murdoch and in general turns to the the extreme right. I guess she thinks the unhappy Democrats want the leadership to be more like Republicans. I'm sorry to say it, but Bill and Hilary have completely sold out to the right. I guess those huge book advances put them into a different frame of mind (so to speak). When I see Bill hugging former President Bush it makes me sick.

Of course this is bad, but nothing compared to McCain's sell-out to the far right. His commencement address at Falwell's "University" was mostly a defense of the Iraq "war" (a totally indefensible event). McCain is a hypocrite and an opportunist of the worst kind, to say nothing of a genuine warmonger.

So they found handwritten comments by Dick the Slimy on a New York Times article published days before the Plame scandal broke. So what? It was obvious from the very beginning, even to the less astute like me, that Cheney would be behind it. I cannot believe what seems to surprise people these days: Bush/Cheney lied us into "war," they lied about WMD's, they lied about torture, about the connection between Osama and Sadam, and etc., etc., etc. Why any of this should continue to surprise anyone is totally beyond my primitive comprehension. These guys, from Bush/Cheney to Rumsfeld/Rice, and all the rest of them are, and have been, liars and war criminals from the very beginning. So, Nancy, by all means let us not impeach them or censure them or make them accountable for their murderous illegal, immoral, unconstitutional, unconscionable, horrific deeds. Let them move to Paraguay with the blood on their hands and their ill-gotten fortunes.

Our country and political system is sick and beyond redemption until we are rid of this miserable cabal. Where is a Washington, Lincoln, or FDR to save us now?

1 comment:

Bubblehead said...

That darn Laura Bush, pretending like she actually loves and supports her husband (the very act of publicly saying she has a husband seems excessively heteronormative to me). It makes me soooo mad; there's proof that Rethuglicans don't have any actual human emotions that I read on some web site somewhere. Keep on Speaking Truth to Power!