Monday, January 03, 2005

Hope for the best

I thought there was supposed to be some kind of confrontation in Ohio today led by Jesse Jackson. I have seen nothing whatsoever about it on the news. Did it not happen? Did I not understand what it was supposed to be? Or true to form did the major media simply ignore it?

Historian Joseph Stromberg postulated Stromberg’s First Law:
“there is virtually no situation anywhere in the world that cannot be made worse by U.S. intervention.”

This is pretty much the theme of Ivan Eland’s book, The Empire Has No Clothes, which I am presently reading. As I have not yet finished it I will get back to you soon.

I have been writing this blog for almost six months. In that time I have had only three comments: one from someone in San Diego I have never known, and two from someone in India that I have also never known. I truly appreciate their comments, but I have to say I cannot understand how they managed to find morialekafa. There must be hundreds of thousands of monkeys randomly typing on hundreds of thousands of computers for this to have happened. However it came about, I hope it will continue and grow. As I started this blog basically for myself, the fact that others might find it of interest is both flattering and rewarding.

I think I see signs that the Bush/Cheney Administration is starting to come apart. If I read the situation right there should start to be some genuine anti-war and anti-Bush demonstrations, especially during the “coronation” ceremonies. I truly wish I could be there. There are also strong indications that many Democrats are about to desert the DLC and the DNC in favor of a more progressive party. Even here in our conservative little town there is a strong movement in this direction. As it is obvious by now that we cannot depend upon the current Democratic Party to do anything except Republican Lite what other choice is there? The clock is being turned back to the early 1900’s when the so-called Robber Barons ruled, only to be ultimately defeated by people marching in the streets. As we obviously cannot depend upon the Corporate Fascists to look out for the people we will simply have to look out for ourselves. It has happened before and it will happen again. Bush/Cheney and their absolutely despicable and criminal Administration will fall, maybe sooner than you think. That is my belief and my hope and while I have been often wrong I still believe in truth and beauty. Will at least one Senator have the courage to stand up for truth and beauty? We will soon know.


1 comment:

Watch 'n Wait said...

I'm the one in San Diego. Up in the right top corner of your blog, you'll see a "button" that says "Next Blog". Click it and someone's blog will appear. That's how I found your most interesting posts.

Happily, the House Ethics Committee has backed down on changing the rules for Tom DeLay's benefit. That's good.

What the Senators will do, and whether even one will stand, is another question entirely. Like you, I wait to see.