Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Well, maybe he isn't

I'm sorry but I just cannot keep up with the Rove story. First it is reported that he is going be indicted. Then it is suggested that he might not be. Then it's on again and now it's questionable once again. What the hell is going on? What I want to think is that Rove is being offered a deal - rat on Bush/Cheney and go free, refuse and go to jail. But what do I know. Nothing. I'm from Wallace, Idaho. Speaking of Idaho, there is a list of states on Buzzflash that purports to tell you how they feel about Bush. Idaho is the only state that doesn't even appear on the list. So much for Idaho.

Karl Rove seems to think that people really like Bush even though his ratings are somewhere approaching below zero. Rove thinks it's just the Iraq "war" that is bringing him down. Rove apparently moves in precisely the same circles as Laura (somewhere in the misty light). I guess Rove thinks the American public is too stupid to understand that Bush is a pathological liar and a generally disgusting human being, to say nothing of a war criminal.

One of my readers (I think I only have two or three, but they are really good ones)suggested that I conider the Army Civilian Inmate Labor Program (which I was only very dimly aware of). So I googled it. I didn't have time to pursue it in depth but I can tell you that it frightened me no end. It's true, there is an official policy that allows the Army to set up "camps" on Army bases where prisoners (from prisons and jails) can be held to perform labor services for the Army. Apparently at least 12 of these "camps" actually exist and vary in size from pretty small to pretty large. I saw no indication that these were somehow voluntary possibilities for prisoners (but honestly I haven't had time to really look into it). What is even more frightening is the fact that there exists a possibility for other than prisoners to end up in one of these camps (like, perhaps, anyone who doesn't agree with Bush/Cheney?). When you also remember back a few months (or maybe longer) that Halliburton (or some subsidiary) was awarded big contracts to build huge facilies for housing people (in case of national emergencies) it does make you wonder. One of these, I believe, is being built nearby in the Okanaugan.

I hate to be an alarmist or unnecessarily paranoid but I can't help it. I was opposed to an all volunteer army to begin with as such an army is not beholden to the nation but, rather, only to whoever pays them. I didn't think this was a good idea (although I don't think the draft is a good idea either). I don't like the fact that the U.S. has also been hiring mercenaries in Iraq and even here in New Orleans. I don't like the fact that the Bush/Cheney Administration has been trying to use the military for various domestic reasons. And I don't like sending National Guard troops to our southern border, thereby militarizing the border with Mexico. As I don't believe a single thing this Administration says I cannot be comforted by their contiually insistence that we should somehow "trust them." I don't. I think they are the worst bunch of liars and hypocrites, to say nothing of greedy bloodsucking war criminals that ever existed (at least in the U.S.) and I WANT THEM GONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. EVEN SOONER.

What Iraq "war?" What national debt? What scandals after scandals after scandals? The critical and urgent problem is immigration reform. But we can't leave our Corporate masters without their mass of cheap labor. They might have to raise the minimum wage. My god!

2 comments:

Bubblehead said...

Excellent analysis of this vital topic -- thanks for looking into it! My theory is that Rove is sending the National Guard to the borders not to keep immigrants out, but to keep fleeing progressives in the country.

Next, you should look at this horrible neo-con blog called ShelleyTheRepublican, and let us know if you think that it's proof that Bush, Rove, and Cheney have completely befuddled middle America.

Watch 'n Wait said...

M..I've learned that part of the confusion about Rove's being told, last Friday, that he has 24 hours to get his affairs in order is due to the fact that the 24 hours were meant to be on a business day, not the weekend. So people expected the indictment to be announced on Sat or Sun. In fact, Fitz will announce when he's ready...any time after those 24 hours.