Friday, November 18, 2011

Comments

Morialekafa has never received many comments but there have always been a few. Recently, however, there have been none. I do not know why this happened. There was a time when I was receiving almost daily comments in Asian languages I could not possibly understand. I suspected these of carrying viruses and had them blocked. There was also a time when I was fairly commonly receiving anonymous comments. I do not approve of anonymous comments so I had them blocked. For a long time I was receiving comments on my email that I could either agree to have published or refuse them. I do not recall ever refusing one. I would like to say that I welcome comments, provided they are not some form of spam or contain language I regard as unfit for decent communication. I believe this problem has been cleared up. If you have a comment please do not hesitate to send it.

I confess I am finding it harder and harder to blog as often as I once did. The political situation at the moment is so absurd I find it difficult to take it seriously. It seems to me the Republican criminal conspiracy (that once was a legitimate political party) is inevitably going to crash and burn (or at least it certainly ought to) and then perhaps it will be possible for someone to actually govern our country in a manner at least approximating some form of quasi-democratic Republic where all citizens share somewhat more equally in opportunity, health, and happiness.

5 comments:

Bubblehead said...

Well, you refused several of mine, so I stopped. I still read you, though.

Josie said...

I read you almost daily. You "tell it like it is" with great insight and wisdom. I fear a world without intelligent people like you in it. please keep it up.

Unknown said...

Your blog has made me wish I might have been one of your students.... Efforts to comment, however, have apparently met with failure on the several occasions that I tried to respond to one of your entries. I agree with josie, above, that your opinions mingle honesty, insight, and wisdom. Bravo.

Wildgoose said...

I also check your postings almost daily and greatly enjoy your perspective and commentary. I worry that you let the current political insanity of the times get you down and consider not continuing. The discipline you show in being able to turn out a thoughtful essay nearly every other day is admirable.
Finding the index you provided on 7/25/09 was a treat. Try getting back to more stories, reviews and general commentary. Surely writing about your personal history must be difficult but your series of "journeys from the past" are much appreciated.
One question I haven't found an answer to regards the derivation of the name you use as a title to your efforts, Morialekafa. Thanks

Unknown said...

Don't know why I appear as "unknown" instead of "gambarupat" (my email moniker, adopted when I studied Japanese a decade ago) -- but I have to say, like Wildgoose, I have pondered hard about the derivation of Morialekafa. Is it a word from Papua New Guinea ?
I share all your views on the 2012 republican candidates.... The only one I'd personally consider would be Huntsman, and the pundits/media just ignore him. Is he too sane? Maybe his sin was serving as Obama's Amb to China...
Best regards to you.