Friday, December 01, 2006

Ah, uncertainty

Bubblehead: Is my face red! After I wrote my blog last night and went to bed it suddenly occurred to me that Vilsack might be a Democrat (who would have thought the governor of Iowa would be a democrat?). This morning I eliminated Vilsack from my blog, but obviously not before you caught it. I apologize for a stupid mistake. Vilsack sounds like a reasonable, intelligent, informed candidate but, of course, he will no doubt fade as time goes by as others declare their candidacy, like Hillary and who knows who all else. Name recognition counts for a great deal it appears.

So, where are we going? It seems to me the Democrats are caught in a bind: to impeach or not to impeach. On the one hand it is their constitutional duty to hold Bush/Cheney accountable, on the other they don't want to waste time on impeachment hearings in order to get things done (for a change). Impeachment or not, there is the problem of Bush/Cheney in power for another two years. Who knows what terrible things they might bring about (like a war in Iran?). Now there is talk of selling out the Sunnis in favor of the Shiites and Kurds (no one wants to go with the losers). This would be a true disaster and would doom peace prospects in Iraq for probably centuries (unless a Sunni genocide occurs - which the Saudis have said they will prevent at all costs). There is great danger of much more violence all over the Middle East thanks to Bush/Cheney and the neocons dreams of an oil empire. Remember, we could have bought the oil for a whole lot less that the cost of their unnecessary and immoral "war." Only Bush/Cheney could have brought about nostalgia for Sadam.

At first I though Bush was just kind of stupid. Then I thought he was probably borderline retarded. Now I think he may be certifiably insane (he is doubtless all three). I believe we are witnessing the Captain Queeg of the good ship America. And he still has his hand on the big trigger. Frightening? You bet. Where do you think we are going when Bush refuses to listen to anyone but his wife and his dog? And where will we be going when Cheney refuses to acknowledge a supoena? I believe we are in for some rocky times in spite of the Democrats attempts to ignore the war criminals in our midst.

2 comments:

Jimmy K. said...

Sorry, there is not going to be an impeachment. The Democrats will not do that. They are not going to do anything about the war. They will say it is Bush's problem and hit the Republicans with that stick until election time. The only thing that would change anything would be massive demonstrations against the war. The polls say most Americans do not want to pull out of Iraq too quickly and leave the area for Iran. Unless you can muster massive protest, you can bet we will be in Iraq for a long time.

Bubblehead said...

Sir -- I appreciate your mention in this post; otherwise, my comment to your earlier post just looked silly. I wouldn't dismiss Vilsack quite so easily; the Democrats haven't won an election without a governor on the top of the ticket since 1964. If he doesn't get the nomination, I'm thinking he's gotta be at the top of the list for Veep.