Sunday, October 29, 2006

Mercifully, it will be over soon

Trying to switch from my antique computer to this new one was far more difficult than I imagined. Rather like going from the 15th century to the 21st overnight. Now that I have this one I wonder how on earth I managed to put up with that incredibly slow primitive machine that I had for so many years. It's not that the new computer makes me any smarter or creative or whatever, but it certainly is much more efficient and pleasurable to use.

It appears that even people outside of Idaho are beginning to understand that Idaho is struggling to go "blue." While Democratic candidates like Brady and Grant are said to have very slight leads at the moment they are not significant enough to prove anything but extremely tight races. Strange, as Sali is such a terrible candidate as to almost be laughable (indeed, should he win, Idaho will become the laughingstock of the world). Brady will make an infinitely better governor than Otter (who is basically no more than a ne'r do well good ol'boy} but it is apparently too close to call. I have great hopes for most of our Democratic candidates but only time will tell.

I confess to being so sick of all the lies and negative ads, and utter BS, and so disgusted with where Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rice and the others have brought us, that I just want it now to be over. American politics has now reached a point where it no longer has anything to do with the common good, or even anything to do with common people. It might as well be taking place somewhere out in the cosmos. It has now only to do with what corporations and the wealthy decide they want to do. They decided some time ago that most of us are fit only to be serfs or peasants toiling for low wages in their best interests. Can you believe that the minimum wage is $5.15 per hour while the CEO's are pulling down somewhere in the vicinity of 100 million per year (yes, I said 100 million!). Anyone who just accepts this as the way things ought to be deserves to be a peasant. American culture has now reached the point where it can only be honestly described as a "culture of the absurd."

No comments: